Sculpture Walk Springfield is currently hiring for the Executive Director position. See specifications below. To apply, email your resume with optional cover letter to email@example.com. The Sculpture Walk Springfield Board of Directors will contacts applicants directly. SWS is looking to fill this position by February 2023.
SCULPTURE WALK SPRINGFIELD Executive Director
Organization: Founded in 2014, Sculpture Walk Springfield’s mission is: To encourage the artistic transformation of Springfield through outdoor sculpture, thus enhancing our quality of life and promoting economic vitality.
Program Revenues: $0 to $125,000
Position Compensation Based on Experience: Up to $50,000.
We do this by…
Creating a museum without walls with access to all.
Position: Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibilities for Sculpture Walk Springfield’s staff, volunteers, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. They will initially develop deep knowledge of sculptures, city planning, core programs, operations, and business plans. They will be the face of Sculpture Walk Springfield to the community.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, continuous monitoring of the program’s finances, while attending to administrative duties such as fundraising and communications that reflect our strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize Sculpture Walk Springfield volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, artists, and sponsors.
- Work with and support a strong Board of Directors: Serve on each committee (as needed), seek and build board involvement with strategic direction.
- Oversee, supervise, and train consultants and additional part-time employees.
- Systemize, create, and document procedures for all standard roles and activities in SWS.
- Perform other duties as assigned by board within scope of SWS mission and skill set of Executive Director.
- Perform and/or oversee general administrative duties.
- Ensure new Board members are on-boarded by working with Nominating Committee.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fund-raising activities to support existing sculpture rotation operations and expansion.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of marketing and communications – from web presence, social media, newsletters and mailings to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities – simply stated, to become the face of SWS.
- Identify and oversee grant writing and application.
- Oversee community fundraisers, social media campaigns, etc.
- Work with budget committee to ensure fiscal health of SWS, and oversee administrative duties related to fundraising.
Planning & New Business:
- Design the annual sculpture route and complete the strategic planning process for the program expansion into new areas of our community, as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Plan, market, and organize the Board of Directors to host patrons and artists at the annual collection event(s) in the Spring of each year.
- Keep a detailed list of potential sculptors and operate an annual invitation.
- Develop and maintain a continuous relationship with the City of Springfield.
- Work with city officials and private landowners to find new sculpture locations and programmatic growth.
- Begin to build partnerships in new community locations, establishing relationships with donors, political and community leaders at each expansion site.
- Publish and communicate program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
- In conjunction with the Executive Committee, monitor the compliance with the bylaws of the organization.